Everyone is mesmerized by these showstoppers. Use these candles as an alternative to fresh florals as centerpieces as they last longer and won't need water! Designed and crafted by a 4th generation candlemaker who is currently leading her family’s candle making workshop in Teotilan del Valle, Oaxaca, these 3-foot tall wax wonders by El Shoppo are made of all-natural beeswax that is bleached and dyed on a rooftop. The white candle is pure, bleached beeswax. The purple candle is bleached and dyed with a combination of cochineal and indigo. The pink candle is bleached and dyed with cochineal. The black candle is bleached and dyed with indigo. The tapers are hand-dipped in layer after layer of wax, which makes them burn with lots of drippage. (It’s very dramatic, in a good way!) You will enjoy the easy assembly of pinning the flowers and leaves together to creative the 30 inch masterpiece and can adjust them to keep its beauty as you burn them or separate the floral pieces for bowls and unique decor. Dunk the wax in warm water to fresh it up! While they are a delicate piece, these are not as fragile as you think!
Dimensions & Specifics
· Tapers are approximately 30-inches tall x 1.5-inches wide
· Assembly Required - Each candle comes with 20 different flowers: 4 roses, 8 peonies, and 8 bell flowers and one candle holder
· The base of the taper features eight leaves
· The taper candles, 20 flowers, and 8 leaves are all made by hand with beeswax
· The base is an Oaxacan pottery holder exclusively designed for these candles in white (for pink, purple, and white) or black (for black candles); base of holder is 6-inches in diameter
· Fully-assembled candles stand approximately 34-inches tall